Home Office Furniture Tips for Buying
The most suitable furniture for your home office will be that which you’re comfortable and productive in. The right home office furniture will make the difference in your outlook on working and your satisfaction towards your home office. Before you get caught up in the appearance, you will need to consider your space size, budget and how long you use it throughout a day. Here are guidelines for choosing the perfect home office furniture.
- Assess how much room you have: One of the biggest mistakes in choosing furniture is under/overestimating how much space you truly have. An empty home office looks huge until you put a desk and chair in it! Measure your space and take into account windows and doorways that your furniture will have to fit around. If there are views out a window you would like your desk to face, consider this when measuring and planning out your furniture placement.
- Determine how long per day you will use your office: This tip is important for the fact of comfort. If you only use your home office for 30 minutes a day to check email, a stylish over comfortable chair may win out. On the contrary, if you spend 7-10 hours days in your office, your needs for comfort are imperative.
- What is your budget: Like any furniture, you can spend a small amount or you can spend a few paychecks on one piece of office furniture for your home. Surf the internet, and look through home décor and home office furniture magazines for inspiration and pricing. How much you spend is up to you, although, keep in mind that décor, office supplies, and computer equipment may still need to be purchased after the furniture. If you’re on a tight budget consider buying self assembly furniture. Furniture stores that specialize in online and catalog ordering will be your best resource for do it yourself assembly furniture.
- Will you share your space? When choosing desks, bookshelves and other surface furniture, take into account your office partners needs. They may need more or less space than you depending on their occupation or use for the home office. Collaborate together and see if a few pieces can be multifunctional. A table that holds the printer may also be used as a desk or conference table.
- Choose your style: Antique furniture to ultra contemporary furniture will be a design choice that you have. Remember comfort when selecting older traditional furniture, such as chairs. Antique furniture can look gorgeous, but you may need the flexibility of an adjustable chair for comfort. While some modern chairs have the ergonomics that are comfortable, but look too futuristic for a traditional home. In the end you will need to decide which is a higher priority, aesthetics or comfort. With enough searching, you should be able to find a happy medium.
- Choose furniture that fits you: Comfortable home office furniture should ‘fit’ your body. If you are a tall person, ensure that your chair and table height will be in proportioned to you using it. Conversely for shorter people, a chair that is too high and non-adjustable may have your feet dangling like a child. Comfortable office furniture should look great, but feel like you can sit in it for hours on end. Home offices are popular and can be found in most homes, as modern society demands it. To ensure you will be productive, follow these tips to choose comfortable and stylish furniture. If you have time, purchase furniture as you need it, to see how your office functions with you in. Often times, we buy too much furniture and half of it isn’t used on a daily basis. Choose wisely and your home office will reward you with a space that is enjoyable to work in.